Adsense

Saturday 20 June 2015

Keshi: I’m Not Interested In Cote d’Ivoire Job

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has denied applying for the vacant Cote d'Ivoire job.
The former Togo coach was said to have been one of the coaches lobbying to replace Herve Renard, who quit the Elephants post to become Lille manager.
But Keshi told completesportsnigeria.com exclusively that his agent might have sent his (Keshi's) profile ahead before he was confirmed as coach of the Super Eagles two months ago.
"That report that I want the Cote d'Ivoire job is misleading," Keshi said on Saturday from Owerri where he attended Emmanuel Emenike's father's final burial.
"Why should I apply elsewhere when I have a job?"
Keshi added that he is happy being coach of Nigeria and will not dump the Super Eagles for the Elephants.
"Maybe my agent sent my profile way ahead but for Christ sake I have a job and I’m happy here," he told Completesportsnigeria.com from Owerri.
The former Mali boss was also unfazed by Egypt's 3-0 win over Tanzania adding that his team will approach each game differently.
"We started on a winning note and that is how we want to continue.
Egypt won as well but we don't meet until next year so we are focused on our next game which is against Tanzania."

No comments:

Post a Comment