Adsense

Saturday 11 July 2015

Dad Beats Daughter To Comma

A Junior Secondary School 1 (JSS1) student, Kafayat, with the Canal secondary school, Orile-Lagos, would have died by now after she collapsed due to injuries she sustained while her ‘beloved’ father fogged her with barbed wire.
A sad girl
A sad girl
The intervention of vigilante members was prompt enough, as the ‘poor’ child was was rushed to one Star Clinic, at Ebutte -Metta, where she is currently receiving treatment.
Narrating how she incurred the wrath of her father, Kafayat said: “I live with my parents at 4, Kuforiji Street. On July 7, I ran away from home after receiving severe beating from my father. My offence was that I tried to stop him from beating  my mother.
READ ALSO: Oshiomhole Moves To Stop Street Begging, Rape
“My father accused my mother of using his hard earned money to play lotto game and he descended on her with anything he could lay his hands on. He said my mother loves patronizing lotto game officials, and he beat her up mercilessly.
“Despite my mother’s cry for help, none of our neighbours came to her rescue because they are afraid of my father. I could not bear the beating anymore and I begged my father to stop beating my mother. He became furious and pounced on me”.
She continued: “This is not the first time my father will beat my mother and I. I have lost count of his endless beating. One occasion, I begged my mother to relocate four of us her children to Ilorin, so we can stay away from our father due to his constant beating.
“I am the first child; although my mother said my father will change, he has gotten worse by the day.  My mother is presently on admission at the Charity Hospital, Orile, following the beating my father gave her.
“I could not stand his beating anymore and I ran away from home to meet one of my mother’s friends at Oyingbo market, unfortunately, I did not meet her when I got to the market. I was in great pains and I decided to sleep in the market because I do not want to go back to my father’s house.
“It was while I was sleeping at the market, that some vigilante men came to my rescue. I told them my plight and they took me to the hospital where I am presently receiving treatment”.
Agbodemu Musbau, the secretary of the Vigilante group of Nigeria at Ebutte Metta stated that the vigilante men on night patrol at Oyingbo market found the girl writhing in pains and rescued her.
“On July 9th about 4am, I received a report from our members patrolling the Oyingbo market along the railway line that they found a girl that is almost ‘gone’.
“I quickly mobilized and took her to the Star Clinic at Ebute- Metta, where she is receiving treatment. The wound on her body had become sores and I wonder what type of a father will beat a child like that.
READ ALSO: The Pathetic Story Of How Nigerians Are Forced Into Slavery, Prostitution In Britain
“I took her to the Iponri police station to report, but the policemen there turned me back that they do not handle such a case. I took her to the Area C police Command at Surulere and the police there refused to attend to us. They told me to take her to the office of the Public defender.
“I  have been running around with this girl since morning to get the necessary authority to look into this matter and arrest the father, but they have refused to take the case”.
He promised to make sure the father face the full wrath of the law.
READ MORE: http://www.sayyourown.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment